View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by HobbyCNC
Joined May 2004
605 Posts
Nice post. (ahem) Are you affiliated with JetJoe in any way? Say a dealer, agent, or service center?

Dave Rigotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJE4357 View Post
I been reading this thread, and thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.

The whole Jet Joe line of turbines have changed a lot for the better. The NEW owner has incorporated a lot of changes in the complete line. The design is a very basic design as are most turbines. But what has changed is the material, tolerances, testing, and the electronics. I have both a JetCat P-20 and the old Jet Joe Jr. and a new Jet Joe Jr. They both run, but the newer one starts,and transisions a lot quicker and smother than the older version. Also the older version is started with a little blower (which works great, as long as you follow the instructions). The new version is electric start. Both of the Jr's I have, put out a bit over 5 lb's of static thrust on my Dynamic Thrust stand. I will say that the P-20 is a bit easier to setup, but I don't think it;s worth the extra $1000. As far as support, some on the thread say, there is no support here in the US. You need to chech out the Jet Joe Website, and see who the US dealers are. There is 1 US dealer, and ethe other is the North American distributor.

I hope to have one of the Jr's in a T-45 at Florida Jets this year, if I can get the electric retracts finished. Also I'm trying an experiment. I'm going to see if I can fly a lightened up, NitroModels, Falcon 120 with a Jet Joe Jr. 5 lbs. of static thrust should fly a 10 lbs model. I don't expect to burn up the sky, but it should fly.

My 2 cents worth

Larry E.

SouthEast Model Products Inc.
Orlando, Fl.
My 2 cents Worth
HobbyCNC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyCNC