Thread: Discussion Dynam Devil 3D
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:20 AM
RCAV8T0R is offline
Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
Feeding the RC Addiction
RCAV8T0R's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
585 Posts
Spaghetti is for Dinner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
Pushrods, eh? OK, that is the 1st I'd heard of them maybe flexing. I'll look into that also. The other day I bought a package of Dubro connectors and I do have piano wire here, so I'll look to see if my sizes and lengths can be used. Thanks for that.
Don
...not for RC aircraft...

dkrhardy,
I had problems with the Peaks push rods, & the Devil uses the same size wire, that really flexed when pushing the tail control surfaces, especially on full up elevator... On the Peaks, these rods looked like wet noodles bowing & curving once it neared the end of the travel but well before reaching the end of deflection... Remedied that on the Peaks by keeping the same push rods but sleeving them with carbon fiber tubes. I simply cut the CF tubes to length, slipped them over the rods & I was done. Quick, easy, lightweight & most of all, very effective...

Having said that, I really didn't notice the rods flexing on the Devil like they did on the Peaks. This time, at least on this Devil anyway, it's the (too small) push rod wire diameters & clevis pin sizes where they connect to the servo arms & control horns that's causing all the slop... I can deal with a little play but in stock form it was entirely too much...

I guess the control horns, servos & servo arms could all be replaced but I decided to go with a lower-level fix (for now). This seems to have worked really well, too since the all the play is gone from both of the tail surfaces...
RCAV8T0R is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
Reply With Quote