View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by davereap
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,515 Posts
These little versions are surprisingly stiff.. and could be the best way to go... I know big is impressive but it does give problems..
The little version-2 MyFoBug is done ... as usuall its over the weight I was aiming at.. but I did add extra bracing rods and wheels.. also I used plugable connectors blocks for the rx/esc/motor where direct soldering would save weight.. the area on this is 152sq" the AUW with a 5gm motor and 160 lipo is 35gms
I was thinking of lights, just a few, but I will see how it goes first of all

messing with the setup its now all working fine.. I have just found that better batteries make a vast difference to the power out of the 5gm motor.. I have a selection and the genuine parkzones are poor compared to the turnegy nano tech , one gets nearly to the hover, so 35gms thrust.. the turnrgy will go vertical quickly... yeh!!!
so now some lights are on the cards....

edit ...Now flown with a COG of 70mm back from its leading edge....very slow and easy, a step up from a vapor type it will loop , but when flown slowly is too slow in the roll..more power should get it rolling, but with our cold weather the bateries were not up to the job
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM.