Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:50 AM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER View Post
In my opinion they will release a blade mqx with the tail motor of the new brushless mcpx it's 8mm the same diameter of the mqx motor.
They only need to change the motherboard.
Mcpx weight was increased of only 15 grams. The mqx will become great for outdoor flight and......for beginners,62 years old , and for who didn't want spend a little more money the brushed mqx will not be discontinued as happens for msr mcpx v2,etc.

To me this look like obvious. We need an outdoor powerful and crash proof quadcopter.
A mQX stacked with mCPX tail motors will not compete with the market.

1. The brushed mQX motors have 8.5mm . Easy enough to make/produce new motor holder, though.
2. These brushless mCPX inrunner motors need 2s batts. They have to make a complete new PCB, it isn't done with some minor changes on a old design one.
3. A simple brushed mQX BNF still is about 100-120 USD shipped - I do not want to know how much the brushless version will cost - considering the price policy estimated 150-200 USD shipped (I'll bet closer to 200.).

For this price you can get some really good brushless BNF quads already that are a lot more versatile, much stronger and programmable.
The quad market has changed dramatically over the last 2 years, a fact that has been missed by HH/Blade.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany