Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
Feeding the RC Addiction
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
585 Posts
Temptation is Always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckman49 View Post
Guess what my favorite UPS driver dropped off today?? Now if only my son didn't have Cub Scouts tonight and tomorrow night...

PS- Congrats on the maiden RCAV8TOR!! Can't wait for mine, might just have to pull an all nighter!
...getting the best of me, too...

chuckman,
Priorities must be given to the family first but then once the family's taken care it's all about me time! The assembly should be no big deal just be aware of the noted issues...

Today I went ahead & changed out the push rods & keepers on the tail feathers for some heavier gauge Dubro ones. I knew before the maiden that these were questionable as there is way too much slop in the stock linkages. The elevator was especially bad, deflecting over 1/16" up or down between the servo arm & control arm. Definitely not acceptable since this could cause control surface flutter & very imprecise flying... I think this could've accounted for some erratic behavior when I flew her inverted yesterday...

Have fun with the assembly & keep us posted with your progress because the Devil is calling.........
RCAV8T0R is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
Last edited by RCAV8T0R; Jan 22, 2013 at 01:48 PM.