Thread: Discussion Fairwind III by Kyosho
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Ray
Joined Dec 2012
30 Posts
Hah! Yes, I have had some exciting walks from house to pond with the boat in my hands when it's blowing! My guest house/office, where the boat lives, is on stilts, so is much less protected from the wind than the pond, and the wind swirls around the house and stairs, making it a bit hard to keep the bow into the wind. I always let the sails all the way out and let them flog. I haven't sunk the boat yet, but as I mentioned, it does leak.

In the GREAT NEWS department, I finally finished the new electronics installation just a few minutes ago, tested them and all seems to work. I thought I duplicated the rudder geometry pretty closely, but it seems like I have a bit less deflection in both directions. If it is not responsive enough, I can find some way to increase it.

It's time for the clueless question of the day! To test the sail servo, I just grabbed both sheets and gave it a little resistance, something I had never done before. I noticed that when holding position under load, the servo makes a bit of noise. It is sort of a combination of clicking and grinding. Is that normal?

Sailing pics and video to come tomorrow!
Tom Ray is offline Find More Posts by Tom Ray