View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by screilly
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2008
353 Posts
I want a signature of the mechanic on the service ticket of every item that goes through a shop. The service tech should have no problem putting their signature on a document that associates them to a specific repair. If there is any question regarding that repair, ... the service tech can respond directly. When a diagnostic repair is made, .. that should cover all necessary repairs to that engine. If there is a cap limit on the cost, .. the tech can make the assessments and then notify the owner for approval.

A valve sticking is not just a simple oversight, ... it is on the lines of negligence. Especially when there is written documentation from the customer describing the type of problem here and a service tech who is employed full-time and specializes in this arena?.

The tech may have missed this on first glance, but when repair went to the bench for the bearings to be changed, .. I think he's into it far enough to go down to the valve-train for a thorough inspection? Especially on a four stroke engine with this customer complaint. Not to mention a formal discussion about this particular engine, ... online in this group. Did the engine even need the bearings, ... I doubt that it needed to be done. It seems that it needed a thorough cleaning and re-assembly? The customer says the bearings were smooth. If they were, .... maybe it would be worth the while to look deeper at the time of service? How hard would it be, for a qualified tech, to fix that problem and get that engine running to full perfomance on the first try? If not the very first try, ... at least by the time it was packaged and ready to ship back to the customer as a completed repair. Or maybe it's easier to just pretend to fix it and send it back, ... all at the customers' expense? Maybe the customer will be too ignorant to know the difference and they will just run it till it self-destructs?
screilly is offline Find More Posts by screilly