Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by fastfwd
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
Experts, i need your help with a couple of questions i have:

1. what is the general consensus on what the best prop is with the stock motor / 3S battery to get max FPV efficiency? by efficiency i mean max meters covered per amps consumed to get long range coverage. Don't care about speed or power. Just miles per gallon so to speak

2. I would like to move the elevator servo to the tail for better reliability. I am planning on also swapping the servo to a Hitec HS-85MG i have sitting around from an old plane. good idea? is there a better more reliable servo choice? the elevator servo is really the one i can't have fail on me in the air so any advise here is greatly appreciated!.

3. Even though i do gentle FPV / no aerobatics, is it still a good idea to beef up the wing root area on the fuse below the motor? should i skip this and save weight?

4. anything i need to do to ensure a reliable long range FPV platform?

Thanks a lot guys!

By the way, i've done 12km fpv round trip at 2700mah consumed so far with this awesome plane.
i used an 8x8 apc E prop on stock motor and it worked fine, Hitec servos seem to be top of the line,although i have never used them. i think some nylon reenforced tape on fuse wing area would be enough.just my 2 cents worth
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd