Hey Dave! Good to hear all is well again, looking forward to seeing ya at the fest as well!!
I pulled my socked fuse out this morning, and I'm not happy at all with the finish
. Trying to save on expenses I went with 2 different sizes of sock and shrink tube, which meant large visible seams that had to be sanded. The wing saddle is the worst, and will have to be filled. There are also spots where the resin whitened. I used a torch to shrink the tubing on top, I'm thinking I scorched the resin in some places
. I might end up filling what I can with bondo and painting it, or just leave it alone. The good news is where the finish was good it looks really good, and the fuse feels like a freaking baseball bat, totally orni-proof
The complete fuse after sanding
Some of the white spots
The worst of the finish