Thread: Discussion I'm done with foam ...
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by scootrb4
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylerdinger View Post
No no. That was NOT my first plane. I have flown glow 1/2a, 40, and 60 size for 6 years now, I am not a beginner. The reason I hated that plane so much was it is cheaply built and the servo gears stripped right away, because I landed it with out the gear on it They are ment to fly in a huge indoor gym, witch I don't have access too. I would like to get into some electrics, but I am already setup with glow, and don't want to spend the money getting setup with lipo chargers and all the other equptment.
Okay I see, beginner section, I assumed
Anyway electrics are not cheap. At least if you do it right they are not. You need a large multi bank charger (maybe a field charger too) and lots of expensive disposable batteries to keep you going. If you fly scale it can be more economical than if you've a need for speed. When you first start out it's easy to hurt some batteries and shorten their useful life.
I enjoyed it but wood frame fuel seems a natural progression into the hobby. The planes perform better & fly more scale + the noise is better.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4