View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by stefanoc2
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2006
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Jones View Post
When flying slowly in light lift the Perfection likes rudder and benefits tremendously if you can fly it in conjuction with the rudder stick to keep the fuse level rather than tail down. Coupled rudder and differential settings aren't the answer I'm afraid.
That is where I was going with that comment Neil .. "let my thumb do the work". Using my left stick (Mode 2 here) to get the rudder working for me in the turns.
Samba intentionally placed a dab of epoxy to stop the backward travel of the tow hook plate. It allows the plate to slide back until the nut in the front is just about to come off the plate. The slot on the bottom of the fuselage is another 5 mm longer.
I think my launch issues are due to too much down elevator. On the Perfect I run 1.5 mm of down on launch and with the Perfection sounds like I need a lot less.
Toe hook placement should be OK because it is just about identical to what Tom reported. That is CG at 113 and back of tow hook at 115 from LE.
As soon as I have another day to get out and work on it I am sure it will all be great. I did notice and comment to my friends that this model seems to carry its energy through the zoom better that the Perfect ... may be the stiffer wing?
Stefano
stefanoc2 is offline Find More Posts by stefanoc2