Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by chas650r
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_flyer View Post
They have a M5 thread, a 5mm plain bit at the bottom to suit the Lander rotor, and are at least 12mm deep so will suit quite long motor shafts. They only fit 3mm motor shafts. The only one I have is mounted in my F35 so I am unable to take measurements.
Its not worth mounting the 6-blade rotor or the JPower 5-blade rotor on them, and it probably impossible because of the M5 thread.
The Lander rotor (in my test at least) produced higher thrust for less amps than the 6-blade rotor with exact same airframe, motor, housing, esc and battery (I literally pulled off the 6-blade and put on the Lander 5-blade). When you see the two rotors side by side its clear why Lander is better, it copies Wemo type blade design with reducing pitch towards the edge (like a prop), where as 6-blade rotor is constant pitch.
You can get the Lander rotors by themselves for less than $2 from HK, but unfortunately HK dont sell the adaptor.
great info, thanks .
and ya , now i remember , u are correct , it was just the adapter that was missing .

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r