View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:30 PM
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
I'm running the SH-1250MG servos. There is a bit of blowback on them at high speeds, however if you're not hell bent on doing full throttle stuff constantly, they work fine in the Edge and I've been running them issue-free since December 2011 or January 2012... I forget exactly when I maidened it. To answer your question, no there isn't a Savox servo in this size that matches those specifications unless you want to go to standard size and carve the guts out of your wings to get them to fit. To be completely honest, I normally don't recommend any Savox servos for the 60" planes simply because the torque is on the low end of the spectrum for servos in this size, and if I recommend it and somebody has an issue with blow back and is dis-satisfied with spending $60 for a servo that has a relatively low torque rating, that's not good for anybody. However, that is what I run in my 60" Edge, it's what I've been running, and they're digital and center well even after a year of use.

Plus, all the videos of my 60" Edge is with that setup, so you can see it for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOhSWJl6nRE

--Tom K.
Bet you would really enjoy a HV servo in the 60... world of difference. Nice flying BTW.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44