Originally Posted by Mac50L
I've got a kit coming to replace the original Bixler. Just too much glue versus foam after the last crash. Possibly due to the elevator push-rod tube popping out of the groove and not giving up elevator. Experience can mean really "good" crashes, not just a bent bit of foam.
On my old Bixler I ended up wiring the horns as well as glue. As the wire or the provided screws on the V1.1 go through the surface and "clamp" the horn on so there's no chance of it coming off. Glue can break (I know).
Talking to another owner yesterday, experienced flier. Only crash with his new Bixler V2 was when the tail came off due to the bolt coming undone!!!
Not a bad idea as you might want/need to change it.
And it makes it easier to get the motor out if I ever want to upgrade it.
Thanks for the confirmation.
I also have used my Dx6i ACRO Normal setup to program in a bit Flaps under its Flaps feature. I put in about 15% to give the elevator just a slight up for when I do a hand takeoff and a landing. I just flip the Flap/Gear button on the Trans down to activate and up to turn it off. It saves me the worry of having to launch then immediately getting on the sticks. Works great.