Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
I believe I found a slight defect in the latest firmware, 0.67. it looks like it also exists in 0.49. If Auto-shutoff is set to off it's not possible to turn off video recording. What happens is when trying to do so is a short flash but the recording continues and it's not possible to turn it off unless the power button is pressed until it shut off. However when trying to start the camera after this exircise it will only flash 3 times and shutoff. It will do so until it's reset by formatting for example.
Can you be more specific about how you are turning off the camera in the above section of your post that I underlined. I cannot duplicate this. A short press of the power button when the camera is recording will cause it to simultaneously capture a still frame image and save it to the flash card. A couple of fast blinks of the yellow LED accompanies this if you have the recording indicator function turned on, and then the camera continues normal video capture. This is how it is supposed to work.

If you stop the recording by a long press of the Power button rather than a short press of the shutter button, the camera should shut down, and restart normally again without the need for a reset, formatting, or anything else. This is how mine functions, so you may have some issue with your memory card causing this. But I'm still not sure exactly what you are doing, and also I need to know all the other config settings you have to try to duplicate this.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank