Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by ExperimentalAir
Ed @ Experimental Airlines
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2011
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFats View Post
Has anyone been successful at making 1.25inch fuse's? I ask only because I am thinking about P38 style FPV plane 80 inch wing span (30/20/30)... able to run twins on the outer booms for a heavier payload or a faster more local mission, or run a large pusher with folding prop for longer range FPV. The center "Cockpit) will hang under the wing and obviously handle the payload Batteries, Pan and tilt camera, go pro. Do you think the 20 inch spread between the Booms is enough space to place Vtx on one side and Rx on the other and avoid interference? Would the 1.25 inch booms be large enough to accept Dlink Reciever and ant. on one side and Vtx/CP ant. on the other?
I can offer this design for some possible ideas. I went with 2" boom tubes just to have the internal space. I might go down to 1.5" but it would be a little tight. I will be honest, it took some finesse and internal bracing to keep the tubes from deforming since the forces in flight under lift were different than the forces on the ground, sitting on landing gear. See what you think.

OZONE Foamboard UAV for FPV (11 min 5 sec)
ExperimentalAir is offline Find More Posts by ExperimentalAir