Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by Magic k2
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Miata View Post
Just want to share my latest onboard footage. I'm pleasantly surprised how stable image and satisfactory low-light condition this came out (I now settle with highest saturation and auto white balance). For those who think of best way to mount the keychain cam, I say the key is a vibe-free aircraft (especially hard for a small helicopter but I'm pleasantly surprised my 130X is pretty good at this). Don't worry too much about a rigid or shock-absorbing mount. All I did was using 2 foam donuts from DVD cake-box and one of the foam pieces that came with the #16v2 packing and just sandwich them with the #16 to the 130X lower frame rails and then use a twist tie to hold them together. I didn't even use any piece of tape. Oh, and make sure the lens module is mounted rigid with the rest of the cam. Initially I used hot-glue to secure the lens module but I found that there's still some jello effect. I then put a drop of CA between lens module and battery plug and as you see there's absolutely no jello effect any more. I know it'll take more effort to remove lens module from the PCB but I don't foresee that to come any time soon [knock on wood].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcb_Hfn8b50
I would try mounting the cam at a slight downward angle to stop the picture from going dark all the time,,shouldnt need too much angle and wont loose too much sky from the pic,,have any of you guys tried this ? whats the magic angle ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2