Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:20 PM
-S-
Find More Posts by -S-
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
United States, TX, Henderson
Joined Jan 2010
1,473 Posts
I chose this kit as my second build because it is inexpensive, and in the size range I was looking for.

I find it very difficult to find Kits that are designed for electric that I wanted to build.

Most of them were either too small, or priced higher than I wanted to spend yet as I am still learning it seems there is mid-range holdein the Kit market, but I understand Kit builders are a fading breed that that is most likely why.

comments so far:

Tower got the kit to me in very good time, packaged well, and everything so far is looking real good, the wood I have pulled out so far is consistent quality, no real bad warps and the instructions are very clear and concise.

It took me about 2 hours to get the Horizontal Stab finished, In my non-expert opinion the wood has been straight, and easy to work with not too heavy but good quality.

I cut the plan into three pieces as recommended and have the Stab drying overnight now.

I used medium CA for the frame work, but when it came to putting in the fillets and internal supports in I switched to a wood glue so that I had time to position it all in place before it dried.

Below is a pic during the build, easy and straight forward.

More as it progresses, if you have built this bird and have any comments or upgrades that you recommend along the way please feel free to toss them in.
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-