Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by birdofprey
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,853 Posts
Discussion
FPV install on the Monitor UAV

It's time now for a bit of fun. Well, I think it's fun. I am installing an RVOSD from Range Video and a Horizon HD V2 video cam in my Monitor UAV airframe. I am also using RF gear from Ready Made RC (RMRC) for the wireless video. I have this airframe listed for sale, but I have many requests for on-board video with and without OSD data, so I figure what the heck, I'll toss the gear in and do it.

I have no affiliation with any of the equipment suppliers except for the airframe (me), so no bias as far as pushing the products. I know there is plenty of good quality gear out there, and I encourage everyone to use what they like.

I started with the rewire of a few components, making adapters and I also put together an anti-vibration mount that is built to hold the OSD on top of it, or I can invert the mount and place the OSD inside of it and have room for the airspeed sensor I installed on top to clear.

For bench testing, and as an emergency back up monitor, I am using a very old Sony Video Watchman. It no-longer works to record, but it does not blue-screen. It is pre-digital TV. To small to fly regularly with but in the event of a video monitor failure it just might save my rear. Picture is really good, but the OSD text is too small to read without strain. I have a Magnavox LCD HD TV that is about 10 years old that also does not blue-screen once it has seen a signal to start with.

This is a discussion, so please feel free to jump in with questions, comments, ideas, and most anything that could be useful or interesting.

For more info on the airframe I am using you can look at one of my previous blog entries, or you can go to www.EdgeRC.com for info.

Justin
justin@edgerc.com
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey