I have now built the second half. I just have to weld up the steel backing frame and build up the flange where required to achieve a flat contact surface with it.
I ran out of coremat for and used up some Soric which I had in stock. I consider this stuff to be a waste of money for my uses. It is far to heavy and weak for flying parts as I found out as a result of a series of vacuum resin infusion tests I conducted. All details on my blog. The short story is that the conventional hand layup balsa cored samples were far lighter and stronger than any resin infused samples that I did. The Soric cored samples were the weakest and heaviest by far. These samples failed along the hexagonal divisions when I applied a light bending force to them.
So I decided to use it up for the hand layup second side of this mould. This also was something of a mistake as the Soric has no geometric stability when wet out like the coremat has! It stretches and slides all over the place. I wish I had never even heard about it. It was expensive to get here too!
Oh well, the price of learning essential lessons is often high!
I also forgot to take pictures along the way. I'll take some of the steel work when the rain stops.
Meanwhile, it's rain, beautiful fire stopping rain here!