2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
That looks great! Nice and clean.
I thought so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Wow, that looks VERY nice!

I didn't use such a spinner on mine, because I wanted to be sure that any cooling air coming in the above-wing scoop and going thru the motor, could easily get out the back.

Your mileage may vary....
Thanks! The cooling is one issue I thought of but I'm fairly certain there is enough area between the spinner and the fuselage that it would allow airflow... time will tell.

The other issue I thought of was that maybe the spinner would cut down on prop area and therefore reduce thrust/efficiency etc, but the counterpoint to that was that the fuselage blocks the same amount of area anyway....

Also, I also am not going to use the stock props, gonna use some APC 8x6 electric pusher props instead on 4s. I am going to replace the ESC with a CC Phoenix 60 I have laying around and that should theoretically provide enough leeway for the amperage (though I will do watt meter tests before I fly of course).

Finally, I am thinking of painting a custom scheme and I stumbled across the glider attached below. I haven't found any other photos of this aircraft at this time (its been eluding my searches) but even if I don't, its not like this is a scale scheme anyway for the SSS, I'm just gonna make my own inspired by this one.

Eric
EricClark is offline Find More Posts by EricClark
Last edited by EricClark; Jan 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added 3rd pic