Originally Posted by syzygyQ
I've been achieving hit and miss results with my packing tape application (mostly misses).
What methods do you use to get good tape application results?
-- do you apply the tape lengthwise or widthwise?
-- do you overlap or try to get seamless edge alignment?
-- do you use an applying tool -- that takes a roll / has a handle?
-- do you have methods of getting that tape on bubble / wrinkle free?
It would be great to see a video of expert tape application...
Heres how I tape. Real easy and you don't need a credit card.
1. ) Line your DT up with one end of the table.
2. ) End of the tape gets taped to the table ( Not the foam )
3. ) Stretch the tape the length of the foam without touching the foam.
4. ) Lower the tape down onto the foam while keeping it snug but not overly tight.
5. ) Lightly run your hand down the length.
Easy. Fast. Wrinkle free. Careful on having tape to tight or it will warp the foam.