Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by aeajr
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
25,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
I agree with you, however, it is interesting that when JR introduced it's new XG line of radios, with DMSS, they did not offer Backward Compatibility with DXMS/DSM2.
That was a clear, specific and intentional break from Spektrum. I imagine spektrum was killing their receiver business and Spektrum now spans the full range of radios relegting JR to an also ran using their RF.

Also, of all the RF systems, Spektrum has probably taken the most flack for reliability. Weather deserved or not is not at issue here. But I think JR's high end business was being hurt by this.

Likewise JR has been pretty much pushed out of the entry level radio business. Going to DMSS you now see an entry level 6 channel JR radio with a LOT of features that far exceed the DX6i but at a comparable price and telemetry is built in.

I think it was a smart move for JR to come up with their line and break from Spektrum. One downside is that they cut themselves off from the BnF market. Maybe they have a plan for that in the future. Or maybe Horizon will come up with an "AnyLink" type product so that more people can fly their BnF planes.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 18, 2013 at 03:32 PM.