View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by Twyl
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
GoPor Mount Upgrade!

In other news I upgraded my GoPor camera mount. Previously I was wrapping a piece of bi-directional strapping tape around my iPhone and biting down on the flap. Once I was done I'd peel of the tape and throw it away. This had a few drawbacks such as, tape residue left on iPhone, prep-time needed, waste of tape, and saliva slippery tape being hard to hold in mouth. The upgraded version uses a small clear plastic bag (i.e. ziplock freezer bag, thicker is good). I wrapped it around the phone tightly and then used clear packing tape to hold it. I then wrapped the socked iPhone with the bi-directional strapping tape as usual. After that I cleaned off the release residue from the backside of the strapping tape with some white board cleaner and stuck on some self adhesive rubber nubs I had laying around. This helps provide a catch that your teeth can easily hold on to while holding it in your both and allows you to be able to relax the jaw slightly.

iPhone is snug but still slides in and out of tube as needed. Also the touch screen can still be used through the plastic.

-Jonathan
who will graduate to a GoPro Hero3 Black shortly, but is making do in the meanwhile
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Last edited by Twyl; Jan 18, 2013 at 05:04 PM.