View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by heinz57zuk
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2011
109 Posts
Discussion
Major issues due to possible brown out?

Not sure what happened yesterday, but I put a voodoo mustang (stock) up for its maiden. Was flying beautifully and then I lost control for about 4 seconds. I gained control back just in time before it would have hit a block wall. It slowly spiraled down while there was no control. Then, I was making a practice approach to land and was too hot. So, I made a go around. Picked up some good altitude and started to circle for the landing. NO SIGNAL AGAIN! It made a slow spiral again and no power. This time it was for over 6 seconds. I count it as my lucky day as it was free flying for a long time and didn't hit anything. It landed on its own with only a broken prop and the cowling broken, but easy fix. I finally got power back after it landed. The AR500 Full range receiver was solid. I turned off my radio and back on. The reciever took 2-3 seconds to reboot, but came back on solid. Shouldn't it flash due to loss of signal? A brown out, I could almost understand, but this was a blatant loss of siganl for a very extended period of time.
heinz57zuk is offline Find More Posts by heinz57zuk
Last edited by heinz57zuk; Jan 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: wrong term