Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by theimacman
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfl View Post
Appreciate the input. My experience with helis has been solely co-ax which became boring quite frankly and was looking for something fairly easy and fun to fly while waiting for spring fixed wing time. The qx 75 looked interesting with the "flip" feature but was told by the staff at Hobbytown that the flight time/charge time was 3-4 minutes in the air, especially when flipping and to expect 60 minute+ charge times. They recommended the 1sq but I have read some posts which indicate that the flight/charge times were about equal, with the flight characteristics being better than the qx. The availability of light kits would be a plus as I find myself flying outside at night once the kids are asleep. I have found that the 1sq's kit will become available on or about 1/25/13 through HH with no such date yet for the qx. Thank you again.
Wow, that's shocking that they recommended the 1SQ, being that Ares is a HobbyTown-only brand.

3-4 is a serious under-estimate for the flight time. I'd say double that, at least. And, my batteries have never charged for over an hour. I'd say 45-60 minutes tops.

The flip button on the Ares is nice, because it makes it really easy to flip. But, the 1SQ is capable of flipping too... you just have to learn how to do it manually, which is more rewarding in the long run.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman