Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by algroove2000
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Apr 2012
83 Posts
Build Log
Trex 700e - MD500E

Well hello again,
I am back at it with another scale build. My Trex600 stretch with 60-90 size Bell 222 fuselage is nearing completion and so I decided to start a new project. This time around I will be building an MD500E from Funkey with Align Trex 700e mechanics.

The idea behind this build was to have a simpler project then the last, but, to still end up with a nice looking scale helicopter. The Md500 has no retracts and this particular model accepts the Trex 700 mechanics almost as a bolt on. Since my mechanics are already fully upgraded from the few years of 3D it has been doing, there shouldn't be too much work involved with those.

I will mostly concentrate on the fuselage, IE: Lighting and scale details, as well as adding a 5 blade rotor head to complete the look.

The fuselage is from Century Heli (Funkey) and as always, it is of great quality and finish. It is a 60-90 size fuse with a beautiful black and silver paint scheme with lots of painted on details (fuel caps, danger signs, body lines)

One thing to mention is this thing is HUGE... I was expecting a similar fuselage to my 700 size Bell 222, but since the actual helicopters are very different in size, the scaled down version of this MD500 is a monster next to the 222.

Well here are some pictures of the fuselage as it came out of the box, as well as a quick mock up and some comparative pictures with the future mechanics and the Bell 222 (also 700 size)

Stay tuned for more, and I hope you enjoy.
algroove2000 is offline Find More Posts by algroove2000
Last edited by algroove2000; Feb 14, 2014 at 09:50 PM.