Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by algroove2000
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Apr 2012
83 Posts
The brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Looks good. Let him know to move the skids forward when time comes to secure them so that the rear tips maybe about 3/8 to 1/2" behind the skid. I see a large number of MD500's that have the skids placed back that far because the builders think they need it that far behind for balance. There's lots of skid behind the CG and if there is a real concern, a set of bearpaws added will get the additional surface behind the gear leg and add a really nice custom touch to it. ProHeli and Vario make those for skids of many sizes. He will really like the quality of the Century body. Take care.

Don
Hi there Keyrigger,

I'm the brother Freechip was talking about, and might I say your build is very impressive and of great craftsmanship and quality.
I have almost completed my Bell 222 build and am about to start this MD500e, and am finding out that this build will not be as simple as I thought it would be. I thought since is was mostly a direct bolt on for a Trex700 and with no retracts, it would have been a breeze compared to my 222 build, but I think this one will be just as challenging in its own way.

My question to you is what is the total offset from your front and rear gears to get the stance looking more scale. (Rear squat)???

I'm looking forward to more great ideas from your build, thank you once again.
algroove2000 is offline Find More Posts by algroove2000