View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by PeterF
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
346 Posts
Flying surface test.

I have completed the other drag rudder and put the model together to test all the flying surfaces. See the Youtube clip, I am prettry sure I have them all working the right sense.

The sequence is rudder right then left with one rudder opening and the other closing. Then it is elevator up and down followed by aileron left then right. Note the drag rudders are coupled to the ailerons as per plan instructions. I then show extra opening of both drag rudders either on a manual slider or when gear is down. Final action is showing rudder right and left whilst the drag rudders are open with the gear down to show it still has full range on both sides. I have reduced the fully open throw somewhat from the maximum servo travel I could achieve shown in the earleir post as they were almost both 90 open in that shot.

What next, I either need to do the gear doors or install the fans, neither of which I have plans for so I need to develop ideas as I go along. I may stall for a bit whilst I work out what to do.

Test flying surfaces Chris Golds RC B2 Stealth (0 min 42 sec)
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF