View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:36 AM
Find More Posts by Doffen24
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret View Post
yes it is a great idea. I have that on my MC24. Only problem I have with them is a weakness in the bottom back corner where the 'L' shaped wire exits.
In retracted state, it is impossible to rotate the wire down as it is held firmly in a groove. good idea, BUT the strength of the plastic in that corner is insufficient to hold when the wire is forced down, such as when the neckstrap is caught into something as you walk along. Happened three times to me. Requires a new side panel each time. Now I have a stock of left and right side panels, just in case. what I have done now is to drill around the wire in 3 axis and insert carbon rods. No problems for the last couple of years. ergo; original design fault (my opinion)
These trouble you have, I do not have. It´s spring loaded, and flexes nice when turned around.
I have not notice any degrade on my MC19, which is about 7-8 years old, but I will take a look. I do not have loose panels though. Only upper and lower half's.

Folded, they fit nicely into the moulded carbon lookalike ¨desk bay¨ with armrest and pockets if you prefer that.
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24