Thread: Discussion Product Ideas
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by E_ferret
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
[QUOTE=Doffen24;23808725My suggestion is (since moving the display to the upper half of the transmitter is to far out) to do what Graupner did on several desk transmitters, like my MC19.

They offered, as an option, two metal L brackets (Piano wire, spring loaded) to attach to the bottom half, lower chassis..[/QUOTE]
yes it is a great idea. I have that on my MC24. Only problem I have with them is a weakness in the bottom back corner where the 'L' shaped wire exits.
In retracted state, it is impossible to rotate the wire down as it is held firmly in a groove. good idea, BUT the strength of the plastic in that corner is insufficient to hold when the wire is forced down, such as when the neckstrap is caught into something as you walk along. Happened three times to me. Requires a new side panel each time. Now I have a stock of left and right side panels, just in case. what I have done now is to drill around the wire in 3 axis and insert carbon rods. No problems for the last couple of years. ergo; original design fault (my opinion)
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret