Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by Micubano
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
That was fun to watch. Your Son looks like a "natural" on the sticks. He just need's more time and (may i suggest) a lot more fly area without trees and other obstacles. Thanks for sharing. Yes, a great little plane. Welcome to the thread.

Mike.
He does have his own mCX2 heli, an mQX quad, a Venom Gambler SC truck and a Traxxas Blast boat so he gets plenty of practice with different kinds for controls. With the wind and the weather this fall, we bought the Phoenix Flight Sim and he uses my DX6i, but he feels it is too big for him. I think I have to get a small neck strap made for him so he feels more comfortable with it.

I also think he gets nervous when the camera is on. He had the Champ high above court circling the park at one point. When our regular park is dry, there is a huge wide open space to fly on. It just has to be dry or you lose a shoe.

I did notice our prop shaft was bent yesterday so I picked one up and replaced with. I do like how easy it is to replace parts and repair the foam on this. It was good practice for when I destroyed my GP F-86 micro jet on it's initial flight yesterday. I don't think I am ready for jets yet. It moved a lot faster than I expected. Broke the right wing and tail into pieces, but it was all back together 15 minutes after I got home. It snowed last night, but when it melts I will be back out there trying again. I better get some time on the sim before that.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Maintenance, Anyone?