View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by crazy8s
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
I have a A9, T8J, FF6, 9XR, Optic 6, also used DX8.

By far my favourite is the A9. If you want to change an option, just tap it. No scrolling back and forth missing it, or wondering if you can change it. Just tap it! If it doesn't select, then its not a changeable option. Also I like the fact that its a resistive touch screen as well, as a capacitance screens (i.e. modern smartphones - iPhone, etc) you can't use through a lot of gloves without modding them.

But then as Wayne shows, not everyone likes a touch screen...

However this does show that everyone is different and that not everyone can be satisfied.

I don't like spinney things, I tend to spin past them too often and it annoys me. Also you can either have the turning thing too hard or too soft. I do think the T8J joystick is pretty easy to use though...

Si.
+1 Simon. I have the A9 and a few Evo's and my son has the DX8. I can't stand using the DX8 when I'm programming it for him because of that slippery chrome plated (what a dumb idea) rotating drum. I'm always pushing it in too far while trying to rotate it and selecting the wrong screens. And yes I know all about rotating it from the bottom and pushing it in from the top. Doesn't help, especially when the weather gets a little cooler and the humidity levels drop and the dried out skin on my fingers can't get a grip! There is nothing better than the big touch screen of the A9 hands down!
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s