View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by Conehead
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,254 Posts
Sea Monkey flies

I have made a couple trips to two different airports to fly my finished Sea Monkey. Everytime there was too much wind. Today my bride to our oldest dog to the vet to get her rabies shot, probably the last one she will ever get, she turns 14 in March. When Susan got home, she said there was no wind, so we should go to the airport and then go run the dogs at our property, which is on the way home from the airport.

I loaded myself, Sea Monkey, transmitter case, dogs, Susan and her camera in the car and off we went. Got to the airport, it was calm as heck, the tarmack was ice covered, with some snow on top of it. Very slippery. There was one area at the edge that was ice free, I parked there, Susan stood there to shoot the photos.

Crystal Mountain is in the background, they are making snow, since we have had such a mild winter and we lost a lot of snow last week due to the warm weather. 50 degrees on Saturday. It was 22-24 degrees today, no wind and I set the Sea Monkey down on the ice and snow. Throttled up and we were off. I need about 2 clicks of up trip, a couple of clicks of right trim, I need more throw on the rudder.

Flies great. Was the easiest trimming job I have ever had. First plane I built that didn't need lots of change.

Thanks to my bride for the pictures, she did a great job. It was very sunny, cold, but not terrible.

Thanks for looking
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014