Thread: Discussion FMS 40" Cessna 182
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by Quamin
The Flying Fox
United States, WI, Manitowoc
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Well I didn't let weather get me down - Took this thing up with my new DX6i my wife got me for xmas and a 6Ch Orange RX R610 receiver. There was about 5-8mph winds, but nothing I couldn't handle. First thing I found out, though, was when trying to get it up in the air my alerons were reversed! WOOPS! I couldn't keep it going like that and as it was about 15-20ft off the ground, forced it into a spin but pulled up hard as it neared the ground. That managed to crash it on its belly nice and evenly.

Luckily there was about 5 inches of snow to "cushion" it, but it still made my front gear pop out and my battery door to come off. The windshield and a side window was a little jostled, but they both packed back in without me needing to glue anything really. After fixing it back up, I brought it back out and finally got it up in the air. It flies nicely when you add some Expo to it. Did some touch and goes until my fingers froze off, and so far I've been waiting for the wind to die down again.

I too enjoy the late afternoon/evening flying as it really catches people's eyes. I even got approached by a guy and his wife/son in the park and he mentioned he flied an F18 from Bananahobby and we got talking about this particular model. Good feedback from him on their product. Small world, huh?
Quamin is offline Find More Posts by Quamin