View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by elCapitan
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
I can totally understand that balance of protection vs un-aerodynamicity (...er whatever you'd call that ) although I've flown my GoPro much more LOS than FPV, and I still prefer the Layer Lens. But I can understand what you're saying.

But I still think that argument t breaks down a bit with the GoPro 3. A case that weighs more than the camera!? In my mind, that kind of negative is only outweighed by the positives of protection if you're doing proximity flying like WindsofChange, or other risky flights.

In the end, what I'm trying to point out is that IF you want something higher quality that the keychain--something presentation-quality--then there are ways to make the GoPro absolutely worth the weight/shape. Case, no case, Layer lens, dug into the foam, set back an inch or so, even dug in completely with the lens facing down and forward through the bottom of the wing... it doesn't have to be like putting a sail on top of your wing. It's not that bad.

It's not for everyone, but it's not that bad. There's a reason a LOT of people are still loving their GoPro on their wings.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan