Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
Thank you for the link. Very good info. It would be interesting to find out if the S33 pcb is a "plug and play" as my solderig skills are, well, to give you an idea, if I had to solder another new ant., on to the heli, I won't have to do the battery forward mod:-)...Gonna look around for the S33 pcb and Tx. Here is link to some videos I took earlier this year...
http://www.youtube.com/user/js132363?feature=mhee
I think that the s33 pcb would be a direct replacement. I have both the s033g and the s33. It looks like to me they just changed to the 2.4GHz radio because fliers were having so much trouble with the 27MHz dropping signal.

I allready have that hobby shop in my favorites, Their prices are a bit stout for my tastes, I bought my s33 from xHeli when they had them in stock for less than Fifty dollars. They want Fifty dollars for just the pcb and Tx and double that for the complete s33, then you have to add shipping from China.

The best arrangement for the 27MHz antenna wire that I have read about was drambuidhes, he drilled a small hole in the front of the canopy and ran the antenna through it and then attached a small weight to the end of it. I've seen his video of it flying with this arrangement, (It's posted here in one of the threads, but I don't remember which one) I'm not sure if he extended the length of the antenna wire or not.

I tried doing a 54" antenna run in the same place as the orginal and coiled around its self, but it didn''t solve the signal loss problem.

I'll add a photo of the wiring for the s33, so if you do decide to get the s33pcb and tx you will be able to plug the wiring in the right sockets. The empty socket at the front left of the pcb (looking from the back of the heli) is for the canopy led.

The empty socket on the right front of the pcb came that way from the factory, There wasn't anything plugged into it.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee