View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Ed Couch
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,913 Posts
Tom

It is bad right now as most companies will not release any helium to individuals/companies without being prior clients. Its almost impossible to get through normal sources. This season along I have brought six new airships on line for various clients and just got another request from the Dallas Mavericks this morning. As you I have used as much as 50 to 55 bottles a season for three ships at the AAC and this was keeping them inflated on the ceiling of the arena. Now these new ships just don't leak that much and all the older ships have since been retired in long term storage. I am now just bringing a new 18 footer on line for the Dallas Stars for the late season start and have only two bottles to work with at this time. For me as a business it hurts in the long run as the teams are responsible for acquiring the helium even though I have to do the leg work. Its a red ass to have to worry about finding the gas. I turn down outside work now and its cost me at least 25 K already this season. I figure I am good for another season and then I plan on passing the business to one of my pilots and let them go for it. Honestly its not going to get any better.

ed
Ed Couch is online now Find More Posts by Ed Couch