View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:16 AM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAV8R13 View Post
Does anyone know how to program the ESC? Mine just beeps continuously. I inadvertently got it into programming mode and now can't get it to do anything but beep. Horizon has no manual for it, none in the instructions either.

Kip
Likely no need to program the esc. Just perfect the binding technique. This thing is really particular about how you bind it. Set up tx first and make sure that throttle trim is ALL the way down. Then turn off tx. Carefully short out the two pins on the rx with something that stays in place that you don't have to hold. While the two pins are shorted, plug in plane battery to rx. Press bind button on tx, and turn on. Should now bind easily. The two gottchas are making sure throttle trim is all the way down and making sure you get the two pins shorted out with something that will stay solid while you perform the rest of the procedure. I used a pair of metal tweezers with a rubber band wrapped around them to short pins. Others have used paper clips, hemostats, alligator clips, so just what you use isn't as important as making sure they are solid.

Edit: all kinds of info on this plane in the Micro forum here. Don't understand why it's in the Micro section - this is no micro, but is park flyer extraordinary. Anyway - lots of info there.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Last edited by bobly; Jan 14, 2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: forgot something