Thread: Discussion New Mexico DLG Happenings...
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by closedloop
Fiddy Killa Voltz
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmfury View Post
Hey guys
That flying session was a blast. All kinds of Lift some of it you could hook up at 20' and get 3-4 minutes. I think Matt flew a 23 min one time
Only a little cold but epic good air had me shakin my head and laughing NM winter thermals rock
I overheard Tom, Buzz and Greg giving me s**t that if I stay at 9000' the whole time my launches will get rusty and provide them an advantage Also more cr*p for sitting down while flying. "What are you a Buddhist doing zen rituals sitting with your legs crossed like that?" "Well, looks like you were half asleep the whole time" These guys... And I got to fly Greg's B3, which I think should be illegal due to the ease of tight-turns down low. I'm not skilled enough to duplicate the low-level performance with the CX2 In any case, we'll allow Greg/Buzz and their disgusting levels of low-altitude thermal prowess.

There are most certainly thermals in almost all conditions I have flown in. We have had snow, there is still lift. The deadest air I have ever seen was actually after a sunny day with moderate temps, which was recent. I could only get 2 minute flights if I only touched the controls once, at the middle of the flight, to turn around and come home. Gotta just let the airplane do what it does.

Lipos too are sensitive to the cold if you push the limits of discharge rates. My F5J ships won't permit full throttle on a cold battery.
closedloop is offline Find More Posts by closedloop