Thread: Discussion New Mexico DLG Happenings...
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by alnephew
Joined Mar 2006
40 Posts
Cold weather thermals

Just happened by you guys' NM thread and see that you had chilly weather (highs in the 20s F according to the max/min website) yesterday but great thermals. That's my experience with winter thermals here in Duluth. On a sunny day over snow the thermals will be very strong, but Nimh batteries don't keep their charge very long. I haven't tried it with lipos yet, nor do I know anyone else who has, so I don't know about them. What was your experience yesterday with battery life?

Twice I've specked out from 3 feet off the snow when I noticed lift when bringing the hand launch back for a catch. Can one do that in NM without snow? (sounds like I'm offering a challenge.)

Incidentally Greg, and others who've been to the AZ Open when I was there the past two years: I won't be able to make it this year because I'm being diverted to Florida where my wife has the conference this year that is somewhere in the south every year on the Presidents' day weekend. It used to be that we'd get over to Phoenix to see her sister the rest of the week and the next weekend, but her sister died this past September (early onset Alzheimer's). So this year I'm hoping to take part in the San Felasco.

Al
alnephew is offline Find More Posts by alnephew