Thread: New Product DJI Phantom Quadcopter
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by sampdoria
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
Thanks! I have watched the 5 videos several times, they are very helpful.

As for the IOC control, how can I tell from the assistant if my GPS is working correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Colin, CEO DJI NA, did a great intro to the Phantom. I would start there. Watch all 5 videos. You do not have to get into Assistant to start flying. You do however, have to go there to activate the IOC controls. Download the Assistant and the drivers and install according to the instructions. If you have problems, here is a link that addresses the most common problems.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600967

Remember to take the props off, then power the Tx, your Phantom and then plug the usb cable into your computer with assistant running. The first thing that you will get is a prompt to register your product and then Assistant will check for updates. If your version of the software matches the upgrade you are done.

If you are unfamiliar with tuning gains, setting up battery warning, etc. I would ignore those tabs. It appears that just connecting the Phantom to the Assistant activates the IOC. When I opened the tab it was turned on already.
sampdoria is offline Find More Posts by sampdoria