View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by steliosh
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,469 Posts
After having written the above, I did a search for flights and rental cars for both the Warm Up and the Worlds...
Interestingly enough, the cheapest for me is to fly from Athens to Vienna (175 and 179 euros respectively for the two races), and rent a car (I found at Budget the cheapest) for around 19 euros a day. (Vienna to track is around 200 km's, says Garmin's Mapsource).

A LOT cheaper than taking a ferry to Venezia/Trieste or Ancona and then drive/ride around 400+ or 850+ from Ancona, not to mention spending two days in the ferry. Riding in the Balcans, tempting and... adventurous as it may sound (it isn't, anymore, trust me!) means gasoline for 3000+ km's... so both are out of the question, when looking at those flight rates!

So, yes, I booked my flights and car rentals and now am looking into the hotels listed at www.morac-graz.at site...
My bookings are for 24-27 May and 19-27 August. I have planned an arrival on Thursday afternoon for the Warm Up and Monday afternoon for the Worlds. In both events, I am leaving Vienna at 10.30 am, on Monday, after Sunday's Finals.

At a glance, it seems the area is particularly cheap in hotels: From 16 to 38 euros per night per person...

Maybe those who have gone before to the Morac track can tell where to stay?
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh