View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by Ken Smith
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindyFlya View Post
Did a quickly wheel mod.Cut down gear doors for more wheel clearance, put on Some Dubro 2 -1/4 in. Threaded lightweights.These are rubber and a tad bit smaller than original foam tires.Less chance to bind up in wheel well.Plus not crazy about removing any foam in wheel well,especially by the leading edge.A little black sharpie on the rims and gear doors for effect.Have not flown her yet with these wheels but for see no problems..hopefully.Put 4 consecutive flights on her a few weeks ago in about 40 degree weather and a bit of wind,flew beautifully and retracts worked each time.Lucky I guess.
From the looks of your old wheels you must have flown the stuffing out of this plane. I am very interested in this model, I have the Dynam Waco love that plane, how does she fly, any problems with retracts and with no flaps but guessing she will slow down for landings. Landings are not a problem for me but it is something I always practice on.
I too use the Duro wheels on my Efilte Hurriacane but have been think of using Dave Brown wheels these are softer and don't bounce as much at the end of the roll out. My field has Johnson Grass it grows in clumps and the planes sometimes really bounce around. I have these on the Waco you guys should check out this plane man what fun this is a re-paint I did on the Waco keeping with theme of the thread
http://www.dbproducts.com/store/lfwh.htm for the Dave Brown wheels

Ken Smith
Be Safe & Have Fun
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith