Thread: Discussion MJX-F45 Single Rotor FP
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Joined Dec 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
You know Bob, I never thought of the advantages of snow - guess it would make at least a softer landing spot than the baked hard football field I use up here. If you didn't bury the heli completely, I guess.
But I think I'll not find out any time soon: has never snowed in Brisbane, but very occasionally we might get a light frost in winter where I live lol. Still vivid memories of my time in Canada, though - straight from here to work in Calgary midwinter. Memorable!
John, my mate in Midura keeps me up on the conditions in his neck of the woods... I dunno how you lot stand the brutal heat... 45c??? And he wonders how I stand -20c LOL. it is a 'dry cold' The humidity is quite low, so one can dress for the climate, in layers. I was out today in -5c for quite a while, only my ears got cold.
And yes the snow has a cushioning effect... however there is that other consideration, ICE. LOL Believe me, ice is every bit as hard as a packed/parched ground. Seen the little lady's arse bounce on it today... me thinks it is still hard (the ice) LMAO
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld