View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by dilberto
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
I have HelisimRC on Win7 x64 Pro and all it can see is the MS Joystick. Heh! I fire it up and the heli goes out of sight.
How do I get the Devo 7 in the list of devices.
I'm assuming you bought the correct connector cable to connect the transmitter to the usb port? If so, when you connect it, your transmitter should flash between your model name and "PC" on the display screen.

In the HelisimRC software, when i go to joystick / controller select, the only thing that shows up on mine is Microsoft PC - joystick driver, and when i select that it seems to work fine with the devo 7 (I have windows vista btw)

It's possible the software sees your transmitter but you just need to set it up right (reverse throttle channel, etc) cause if it thinks your throttle is maxed out it will just shoot the heli to the sky. I made a little video to show my settings both in the transmitter and on the helisimRC. It had taken me a little while to get the devo 7 set up with the simulator, but once i set it up it works fine.

Assuming your PC is seeing your transmitter, try following the setup I have:

Devo7 with HelisimRC (12 min 10 sec)

Hope that helps get you started. If you still don't think your pc is seeing your transmitter there may be something else going on there...
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto