Thread: Help! Marblehead Deck repair
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by breakwater
United States, MA, Wenham
Joined Jan 2007
1,668 Posts
Great.
The parts look all there for the most part.
The rigs are pretty dingy, but they can all be cleaned up with time.
You just found what would have cost you about $900 to build.

Now, Next.
1. PM Me your email address. I will email you the construction plans from Bob Sterne pertaining to the rigs.

2. Take all of the rigs and put them away, FAR away in storage, in a place you will forget about them. We will now move onto the boat.
When the time comes, You will be working with ONLY the A+ swing rig. that's because that rig does not require any tuning after you have tuned it once properly.

Make sure the luff tension is OFF on all of the sails before you put them away. Do not have any tension on your sails in storage or they will stretch.

To store your sails, see the attached photo. Rigs like to be hung from the masthead crane.

After your rigs are properly stored, clear out a good work space to work on your boat.
When you have stored the rigs, and are ready to go on a work-space come back here and tell me that you've done so, and are ready to go. Then I'll tell you how to get started on the boat.

Don't just jump into it if someone reccomends something. Think about what you are doing before you do it, and you will end up with a seriously awesome model yacht.

breakwater is offline Find More Posts by breakwater
Last edited by breakwater; Jan 10, 2013 at 09:58 PM.