View Single Post
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by RknRusty
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed View Post
I like my TD's too, but there is a muffler rule at our club, so I am using my Norvels finally. It seems about the same power as the TD pretty much. I think I have to make a real 1/2A stunter or combat soon. I have a bunch of reedies to use up too but can't get motivated on them at all. Black Widows, and a reddish one etc. I pick them up at swap meets whenever they seem too cheap because they look so pretty.
I got tired of messing with tanked reedies. The reedies with Killer Bee or product backplates are not so finicky and will run really strong, probably faster than any tanked Bee. Some of the product BPs had fine thread NVs too and they run really well on pressure bladders.

The thing about Norvels is they can have whatever power you need to make. The Big Mig .061 will swing a 6" prop at 17-19k but never bog, powering through an aerobatic pull like it never noticed, but not be too fast for a 7oz. plane. Or with a 5-1/2" prop at 23k rpm it will move the same plane near 100 mph, or muscle a big plane with no problem. With a 5-1/4" or 5" prop at 26-29k you'll have your hands full. Very versatile engines.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty