Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
i didn't quite get this.

if you select one output channel and started measuring it's pulse width over time (min, max, mean), assuming it's corresponding input channel is static and there is no gyro correction, then the measured values would be due to the jitter on the output stage. i'm not sure why we would need to reference it back to the input channel pulse width?

alternatively, if you just disconnected the input channel (AIL_IN for example), the code sets it to 1500us by default and it will not change throughout the test. now, we just need to set gain down to zero and see the jitter due to the output stage. i'm going to try that next..
The reason I check both is to see what error is being caused by the RX3S board. The difference between the MEAN pulse width of the input and MEAN pulse width of the output (with stabilization disabled) is the fault of the RX3S.
Ignoring the input variation makes the RX3S look even worse. However with my setup I only see about a 1us change in the input so it can be ignored. Different TX and RX combinations could induce different errors.
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB