Thread: Discussion Open Flight Stabilizer
View Single Post
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:59 PM
Find More Posts by noobee
Joined Dec 2006
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
The scope I am using has lots of math functions, I think it is Linux based. One of which is the measurement of positive or negative pulse widths and record MIN, MAX and MEAN values over the time the measurements are being taken.
That is why I am concerned about comparing input and output pulse widths when they are asynchronous. I may not be recording all of the pulses that I am not synchronous width (partial pulses at beginning and end of trace).

Maybe we need a test version of the firmware that keeps inputs and outputs synchronous.
i didn't quite get this.

if you select one output channel and started measuring it's pulse width over time (min, max, mean), assuming it's corresponding input channel is static and there is no gyro correction, then the measured values would be due to the jitter on the output stage. i'm not sure why we would need to reference it back to the input channel pulse width?

alternatively, if you just disconnected the input channel (AIL_IN for example), the code sets it to 1500us by default and it will not change throughout the test. now, we just need to set gain down to zero and see the jitter due to the output stage. i'm going to try that next..
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee